Monday, September 17, 2007

wikipedia!

I admit it, I spend an awful lot of time on Wikipedia and if I'm clueless about something, Wikipedia is my first source. I have huge gaps in my schedule where I can't go home, so if I want to procrastinate homework, I'll get on Wikipedia and see how off (the original) topic I can get.

After looking through a bunch of potentially controversial articles, I think I'm going to add to this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC2 which is a publisher here at FSU. Just because it could use more info. A lot of articles involving race are completely locked but there's some interesting discussion (and by discussion I mean arguing). So, while I would like to edit something more hot-topic, it seems like throwing rocks at a hornet nest.

1 comment:

DesBib said...

Isn't it interesting that certain topics have to be locked down to prevent endless entry wars! I think there is a term paper in here somewhere: Wikipedia as a reflection of cultural friction....National characteristics as revealed by Wikipedia....How I edited Wikipedia and survived....